Apply research to support learning in a technology-enhanced environment.
Program Learning Outcome
4 is applied for research to support the learning in a technology environment. While searching on the Ashford library, I came across an article that focused on a school which tried many different
ways to help their students interact and socialize more with their peers. The
school began by using Facebook as a way to get the students to socialize with
one another. The school did not require them to use Facebook, but those who had Facebook accounts were not using their
accounts to socialize with their classmates. Most of those students were using
Facebook to play games and connect with people outside of their class. The
school tried for a few years a new program called Ning that only gave access to
students to connect and socialize with only their classmates. The students used
this software to create tutoring groups to help one another out. The teachers were able to use the software to
give assignments and give feedback to all students. After the students had used the program, the school polled the students, and they found that students felt
that they can express how they felt and
connect with other classmates. They also found that this software helped
students ask more questions to the teachers because they were able to ask
questions discreetly.
I think this is an excellent article about the program learning outcome four because it shows a school that notices a deficiency and acts to fix the problem. This program gives the students sense of ownership and lets them express themselves while socializing with their peers. I had the opportunity to use a Learning Management System in my previous class that I taught for special education students and found that 95% of my students socialized more using the Learning Management System (LMS) than in a traditional classroom. I have students now that will answer a discussion question and interact with peers because they do not need to speak in a public setting area. This is a great tool for the "shy" student, who wants to participate but doers not want to talk in public. I think this is a great way to get our students to socialize more with their peers.
This activity will cover Program Learning Outcome 4 “to apply research to support the learning in a technology-enhanced environment.”
I think this is an excellent article about the program learning outcome four because it shows a school that notices a deficiency and acts to fix the problem. This program gives the students sense of ownership and lets them express themselves while socializing with their peers. I had the opportunity to use a Learning Management System in my previous class that I taught for special education students and found that 95% of my students socialized more using the Learning Management System (LMS) than in a traditional classroom. I have students now that will answer a discussion question and interact with peers because they do not need to speak in a public setting area. This is a great tool for the "shy" student, who wants to participate but doers not want to talk in public. I think this is a great way to get our students to socialize more with their peers.
The PLO 4 activity involves research, exploring, and supporting
information needed to help increase the technology environment for online
education. The activity encourages learners to search popular articles and evaluations to
reach a conclusion on the effect of collective
websites. The PLO 4 is used
to help the educator research for answers, incorporate statistics, data and
analysis information throughout the MATLT
program.
E-Learning Mind Map
This activity will cover Program Learning Outcome 4 “to apply research to support the learning in a technology-enhanced environment.”
Learning in a Technology-Enriched Environment
References
Barbour, M., & Plough, C. (2009). Social
Networking in Cyberschooling: Helping to
Make Online Learning Less Isolating. Techtrends: Linking Research & Practice To Improve Learning, 53(4),56-60.
doi:10.1007/s11528-009-0307-5
Felder,
R. M., & Brent, R. (2005). Understanding student
differences. Journal of
Engineering Education, 94(1), 57-72. Retrieved from
http://www4.ncsu.edu/unity/lockers/users/f/felder/public/Papers/Understanding_Differences.pdf
Hall,
T., Strangman, N., & Meyer, A. (2003). Differentiated
instruction and implications for UDL implementation. Wakefield, MA: National Center on
Accessing the General Curriculum. Retrieved from
http://aim.cast.org/sites/aim.cast.org/files/DI_UDL.1.14.11.pdf
TED.
(2006). Ken Robinson says
schools kill creativity [Video]. Retrieved from TED Talks:
http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html
No comments:
Post a Comment